JOB TITLE: Senior Consultant.
LOCATION: IAC Ltd. Head Offices and Post-excavation Facility, Unit G1, Network Enterprise Centre, Kilcoole, Co Wicklow, A63 KT32.
DURATION: Full-time (37.5 hour-week Mon-Fri.). Contract: Immediate start, permanent position (pending suitability and probation).
REMUNERATION: €36,000–€40,000 per annum (dependant on experience).
BACKGROUND: IAC Archaeology is Ireland’s largest archaeological consultancy with significant experience in working for a wide variety of Clients and across sectors from transport and utilities to commercial and residential developments. We have a dedicated and highly professional consultancy and fieldwork team, who work to the highest standard and provide robust and objective solutions for the benefit of our clients and the wider historic environment. IAC Archaeology is proud to be a Corporate Member of the Institute of Archaeologists of Ireland.
JOB DESCRIPTION: Due to continued business growth, we are currently looking for an experienced archaeologist to join our expanding and friendly team in our Kilcoole office in County Wicklow. Reporting to the Associate Director (Team Leader), you will provide high quality archaeological advice and support to a variety of private and public-sector clients.
Responsibilities will include (but not limited to):
• Assist in the preparation of licence applications and supporting documentation in relation to all aspects of archaeological fieldwork will be required (including aspects of H&S).
• Carry out archaeological fieldwork (testing, monitoring, excavation) and post-excavation work (as required), including the management of small-scale projects.
• Report production for a variety of archaeological fieldwork.
• Liaising with and assisting our consultancy team.
• BA/BSc Degree in Archaeology.
• Robust knowledge of the Irish Planning system in relation to archaeology and heritage and a thorough knowledge of archaeology and heritage subject matter and the application of policy.
• Excellent writing and communications skills, ability to work individually and as part of a team, thrive under pressure and able to work to tight deadlines. Flexibility and a willingness to adapt to changing situations is critical.
• Professional archaeological report writing and post-excavation experience.
• Proven ability to undertake archaeological fieldwork (Licence eligbility would be an advantage)
• Experience of working within a consultancy organisation would be desirable.
• Good IT skills & computer literacy.
• Highly motivated, conscientious and efficient approach to work.
• A full driving licence.
IAC is an equal-opportunities employer.
HOW TO APPLY: Email a cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm Friday 9th October 2018.